The attendees at the Fall 2018 hackathon worked in five teams on the following projects:
- Jeopardy interface for Canvas quizzes (Code name JEDI - Jeopardy Engine for Deliberate Instruction): The team used Canvas API to extract a list of quizzes from a given course. Each quiz is treated as a category in the game interface.
- Machine Learning (Code Name Armada): This team worked on an AI tool using Python to analyze position descriptions, course descriptions and some historical data to determine which courses should ne recommended for a given position.
- Machine Learning (Code Name Armada): This team worked on the same project as #2 above using AWS ML Services.
- GIT Configuration (Code Name Octotune): IU has a large number of projects in GIT repositories. Keeping the configuration of these projects consistent can be a challenge. This team built a tool that allows one to bulk-update configuration parameters on multiple projects.
- Events Calendar (Code Name Calvin): Though the original goal of this team was to build an API for IU Events calendar to provide access to multiple events from various calendars as an RSS feed, the team collaborated and discovered a feature in IU Events that allows such functionality.